UX (User Experience) Lead
Want to work with India's no.1 mid-sized company? Lets talk!
Editage (www.editage.com) a division of Cactus Communications provides high-quality services to academic, publishing, and pharmaceutical communities.
About our technology team
We are a team of 100+ extremely agile and driven Techies. We are hosted completely on Amazon cloud and are proud of our ability to achieve 1-min deployments and to scale our hardware capacity up and down in minutes.
We are focusing on rebuilding the UX team’s capabilities to support the business requirement. We want the team to have better control on UX across all channels, mobile first designs, design thinking and improve local design understanding. In the current team, there is no one who has a strong understanding of UX and creative experience that strikes a balance between the consumers’ intent and the business’s needs. We need a very strong leader who can build a team to achieve the company goals.
The UX Lead is expected to lead the compelling and creative experiences that strike a balance between the consumers’ intent and the business’s needs. Also expected to play the strategic role of aligning the product’s roadmap with consumer/market needs, hereby, creating balanced and elegant product solutions amidst constraints in the product’s technical framework.
- Build a strong team that leads the compelling and creative experiences that strike a balance between the consumers’ intent and the business’s needs
- Play the strategic role of aligning the product’s roadmap with consumer/market needs, hereby, creating balanced and elegant product solutions amidst constraints in the product’s technical framework.
- Produce user-centered and high-quality visual designs for web and mobile devices.
- Act as the thought leader of the UX department, having excellent leadership skills to move his team towards a unified vision
- Review (test) implementation of designs in the application once developed.
- Prioritize and plan tasks on a weekly basis for the team and deliver against agreed upon timelines
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams like leadership group, stakeholders, business users, product managers, developers, and other designers.
- Create and advance product visual style guides and pattern libraries.
You fit the bill if you have:
- Minimum 8-years relevant work experience.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work of user-centered and high-quality visual design solutions
- Degree/Certification in user experience
- Degree in design – Graphic design/ Web design/ interaction design
- Formal exposure to usability and HCI guidelines
- The propensity for clean, simplified design balanced with tasteful visual design details.
- In-depth understanding of how design impacts development (and vice versa) to ensure the technical feasibility of designs.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools Adobe Creative Suite, Balsamiq, Invision.
- Awareness of the design process, design best practices, and industry trends.