Senior Python Developer
Want to work with India's no.1 mid-sized company? Lets talk!
Editage (www.editage.com) a division of Cactus Communications provides high-quality services to academic, publishing, and pharmaceutical communities.
About our technology team
We are a team of 100+ extremely agile and driven Techies. We are hosted completely on Amazon cloud and are proud of our ability to achieve 1-min deployments and to scale our hardware capacity up and down in minutes. The secret ingredient of our development recipe includes large portions of agile development with hints of extreme programming for Editage our Primary Line of Business. Laravel, PHP, query, Solr, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, nodejs, angular, mongodb, python, ansible, graylog, and new relic are few of the many technologies/services we employ. Unlike most techies, we are extremely social and believe that happiness levels are directly related to performance. We are very generous with our lunchboxes, quirky actions, smiles, and pranks - all of which help us maintain a charged up work environment. What's more - with the best work hours ethic in the industry and a company policy that takes fun very seriously, we make sure that we work hard and party harder!
PS: If you are a foodie, join us for the daily delicious breakfast.
We are looking for a Senior Python Developer for our new Research and Development (R&D) cell that helps drive the business by employing scientific techniques for data analysis, data gathering, warehousing and predictive analysis.
- Develop architectural and design principles to improve performance, capacity, and scalability of the product.
- Design and implement algorithms to efficiently process, analyze, and serve massive datasets.
- Serve as a key individual contributor within the R&D Team under Technology Department.
- Take projects through the full engineering lifecycle: designing, ticketing, building, testing, deploying, and debugging tools and products.
- Help grow a team and work with a tight knit group of engineers and data stakeholders.
Required Skills & Experience
- Self-motivated and creative- we are building from ground up, not tweaking legacy
- 3+ years working in Python
- In depth knowledge of backend infrastructure (e.g. Django, Flask, Falcon)
- Development & consumption of REST based APIs
- Designing applications for scale and resiliency
- Good communicator and team player
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Cloud platforms (e.g. Amazon Web Services)
- Experience with Natural Language Processing and Stanfords NLTK would be added advantage
- Curiosity of learning Machine learning applications