Scientific Reviewer - Physical Sciences (PhD / MSc Folks Welcome!)
Who we are:
Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, offering English editing and other services to researchers and organizations worldwide. Our team of freelance and in-house editors edits and reviews cutting-edge research manuscripts such that they meet international standards of academic and scientific English.
Editage (www.editage.com) is CACTUS flagship brand that provides these services. Editage is one of top three brands in this space worldwide.
Our publication support services team offers a full range of services to meet the authors publication needs. These services include helping authors select journals in which to publish their papers, preparing their manuscripts for submission, and helping them complete the journal submission process. Our Publication managers serve as a guide to authors and assist them in their endeavor to get their papers published
CACTUS is a performance-driven company that offers excellent professional and personal growth opportunities to it employees. People with an international work experience will feel at home with the work culture at CACTUS.
The work environment is very employee-friendly, and CACTUS was placed 1st among mid-sized Indian companies in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey: http://bit.ly/2uiJmUv
About the team -
At Publication Support Services, we offer researchers a customized service that takes their draft manuscript through the entire publication cycle. Our scientific reviewers have the subject area expertise and relevant experience to assist authors in selecting a suitable target journal, in addition to providing technical reviews on content. Subsequently, our publication consultants coordinate with the editing teams to address issues with language and grammar. Finally, our journal submission specialists ensure that the document complies with the relevant journal formatting guidelines for content, figures, and tables, before they help the authors complete submission by navigating the complexities of a journal’s submission system on their behalf.
Roles & Responsibilities -
1) Meeting client requirements towards achieving successful publication for scientific research manuscripts
2) Selecting appropriate journals
3) Technical critique
4) Scientific Writing
5) Reviewing work done by other experts
6) Root cause analysis on client complaints to identify and implement sustainable solutions
You fit the bill if you have -
1) PhD/MSc in any field of Physical Sciences or Engineering
2) Track record of 3-5 published papers
3) Experience of doing peer reviews for academic journals
4) Freshers must have a publication track record
5) Preferred Skills - 1-3 year post PhD experience & native spoken and written English skills for business communication and academic writing