Manager, Scientific Content
Who we are and what we do
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com ) is a provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English-language workshops, transcription, and translation. CACTUS offers these services to two key customer segments worldwide: Academia (researchers, scholarly journals and publishers, universities, and academic societies and Pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies. We have our offices in the US, UK, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore and China. Our full-time in-house staff consists of over 700 people and represents a diverse group of people from India, China, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, the US, UK, Germany, and Brazil. We also work with over 2500 contractors from around the world.
CACTUS recently ranked #1 among mid-sized companies to work for in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey.
We’ve been also ranked #18 in 25 Best Small & Medium Workplaces in Asia – 2018, a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute.
We are proud to finish in the 2018 Top 100 Companies for Remote Jobs by FlexJobs! This is the third year for CACTUS to finish in the top 20.
Editage (www.editage.com ) is CACTUS’ flagship brand that provides these services. Editage is one of top three brands in this space worldwide.
You will be responsible for the service deliverable, quality control, business growth, team performance, progression, and operational efficiency of an in-house team. As a Content Manager, you will need to have a strong understanding of the academic publishing industry and accordingly drive business decisions for your team. You will also build resources and implement the necessary processes for your team to meet all client requirements and delivery deadlines.
- Efficiently managing team operations and meeting targets set by the organization for operational excellence
- Ensuring quality deliverable of journal selection, technical critique, and scientific writing reports for academic researchers
- Analyzing and responding to client feedback and ensuring satisfactory resolution of complaints
- Training and auditing for new hires and existing members
- Managing the performance and growth of team members
- Exploring opportunities to improve the team’s business through service deliverable evolution to meet client requirements
Desired qualifications, skills and experience
- Master’s or PhD degree in any field
- 3-5 years experience in operations management in a service industry
- At least 2 years’ experience in people/team management
- Track record of 3-5 published papers
- Experience of doing peer reviews for academic journals
- Excellent spoken and written English skills for business communication and academic writing, advanced understanding of data and comfort with Excel
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving capabilities
- Good interpersonal skills
- High client and business focus
Job location: Mumbai, India
- Application process
You will be required to take a test followed by two rounds of interview