Who we are:
Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, offering English editing and other services to researchers and organizations worldwide. Our team of freelance and in-house editors edits and reviews cutting-edge research manuscripts such that they meet international standards of academic and scientific English.
Editage (www.editage.com) is CACTUS’ flagship brand that provides these services. Editage is one of top three brands in this space worldwide.
As the Manager, you will be responsible for the business growth, team performance and progression, and operational efficiency of a mid-sized in-house team as well as a large community of freelancers.
Our publication support services team offers a full range of services to meet the authors’ publication needs. These services include helping authors select journals in which to publish their papers, preparing their manuscripts for submission, and helping them complete the journal submission process. Our Publication managers serve as a guide to authors and assist them in their endeavor to get their papers published
CACTUS is a performance-driven company that offers excellent professional and personal growth opportunities to it employees. People with an international work experience will feel at home with the work culture at CACTUS.
The work environment is very employee-friendly, and CACTUS was placed 1st among mid-sized Indian companies in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey: http://bit.ly/2uiJmUv
- Analyzing and responding to client feedback and ensuring satisfactory resolution of complaints
- Efficiently managing delivery operations and meeting targets set by the organization for operational excellence
- Managing the performance and growth of team members
- Exploring opportunities to improve the team’s business
What will you need:
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in any field
- At least 5 years’ experience in operations management in the service industry
- At least 2 years’ experience in people/team management
- A drive for results
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving capabilities
- Good interpersonal skills
- People management competence
- Ability to positively influence groups of people
- Ability to adapt to the requirements of the academic publishing industry
- High client and business focus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
A little about career prospects:
In this short video, one of our Cactizens talks about how she joined CACTUS right after college and how she grew from editor to Associate Vice President in just 6 years. Click here to watch the video.