Manager, Human Resources (China)
About Cactus Communications
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com ) is a leading provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English language workshops, transcription, and translation. Our company mission is to enable growth through effective communication.
About the role:
You will be the face of Human Resources for our Shanghai and Beijing offices and play an active role for achieving our goals in these offices. You will be responsible for owning and managing end-to-end recruitment and HR initiatives for our China market. You will drive and implement HR policies and procedures as per China laws and best global practices.
You will be responsible for
- Sourcing - Proactively and aggressively network and source candidates through universities, job portals, online/print ads, headhunting, referrals, using social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, WEChat), other websites, groups, forums, associations, etc. Create a healthy pipeline of candidates for varied roles and ensure timely closures of all open positions. Take a lead in improving and refining recruitment process including bringing innovation in hiring strategies and procedures.
- HR Ops.: Own all HR operations pertaining to the employee life cycle, formalities related to on-boarding and induction, exits, maintaining records of all employees including attendance, leave, holidays, etc.
- Engagement: Own Employee Engagement and team building initiatives with an objective to create “Fun at Work”. Understand pulse of the organization and suggest fun activities/programs and events
- Employee Morale: Develop and implement better people management practices to positively influence engagement, productivity and retention
- Legal Mandates: Handle registration of benefits and liaising with legal and government organizations for the same
- Data Analysis: Analyse data, identifies trends and proactively suggests solutions to Team heads on talent management
Desired qualification & experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree preferably with a specialization in Human Resources or Psychology
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience in a human resources role or a talent acquisition role in a recruitment agency.
- Proficiency in English and native mandarin
- Professional course in Labour laws will be an added advantage
Who you are:
- Self-starter with a great work ethic and team-first approach
- High level of ownership and passionate about building a rapport with candidates and internal stakeholders
- You love the challenge of finding talent and turning them into immediate or future hires
- You have excellent follow-up skills
- Focused and meticulous and good attention to detail