Intern, Talent Acquisition
Cactus Communications is a leading provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English-language workshops, transcription, and translation. Our company mission is to enable growth through effective communication. CACTUS offers services to two key client segments worldwide: Academia (researchers, scholarly journals and publishers, universities, and academic societies) and Pharmaceutical and Device companies.
The objective of this role is to hire highly qualified freelance editors across subject areas to ensurethat we can meet the business need.
We're expanding our talent acquisition team and are looking for an Intern, Editorial Talent Acquisition to join our dynamic unit in Mumbai. This position will give you the opportunity to recruit highly qualified editors for the organization, implement effective sourcing strategies, and gain insights into the global editing industry.
You will be the first point of contact for those recruited by CACTUS.
Here's a broad outline of the responsibilities:
- Sourcing - Network and source candidates through universities, job portals, online/print ads,headhunting, referrals, using social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter), other websites, groups,forums, associations, etc. Look for new channels of recruitment based on knowledge gathered.
- Target and deadline focus - Ensure that all internal requirements are met within the specified timeline and that a healthy pool of candidates is maintained for all requirements.
- Operations - Communicate with candidates, track and analyse data, and draw inferences in order to make changes to the hiring strategy.
- Work on recruitment-related collateral, forms, surveys, etc. to ensure effective documentation during the recruitment cycle and also measure the quality of new hires at different stages
An ideal candidate would be someone who has:
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong work ethic and great attention to detail
- A fresher with good English communication skills would also be a great fit
- An understanding of how and where to find potential freelance editors/translators
- Networked with student bodies and departments at educational institutions