Cactus Communications is a leading provider of scientific communication services to more than 198,000 clients across 116 countries.
We are currently looking for Impact Writers to write, edit, assess and give feedback on impact case studies for universities who are preparing impact case studies for submission to the UK Research Excellence Framework. The aim of this role is to write and edit case studies, to provide assessment scores for case studies based on the relevant assessment framework criteria, and to provide constructive feedback on further activities that the researchers could undertake to strengthen the impact.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
- Knowledge of the higher education sector in the UK
- Understanding of the guidelines for the Research Excellence Framework 2021 relating to impact case studies (mandatory)
- Previous experience of supporting the development of impact case studies (mandatory)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Write, edit and deliver draft case studies to strict deadlines
- Assess the strength of case studies according to the relevant criteria and provide an estimated score
- Deliver a score for each case study and a breakdown of the reasons for the score
- Provide constructive feedback on actions that can be taken to strengthen the impact described in case studies
- Deliver detailed feedback on each case study with clear action points
Job location: United Kingdom (telecommute)
- Application process
HOW TO APPLY
- Email your CV and a document illustrating development of impact case studies along the lines of the Research Excellence Framework to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please mention ‘Impact Writer’ in the subject line.