Freelance Specialist Editors
Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, serving more than 60,000 clients across 116 countries.
We engage a global team of highly skilled freelance editors who are experts in various academic fields. Cactus Communications has consistently ranked among the top 20 on the global list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs (Forbes.com) since 2016.
We’re currently looking for specialist freelance copyeditors and substantive editors.
Why this is a great opportunity for those searching for freelance editing jobs
- Flexibility to determine your schedule and work hours
- Additional fees of up to 20%
- No need to relocate
What you will do
- Edit manuscripts such that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
- Adhere to job-specific instructions and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
- Ensure that all subject-specific conventions are followed
What you need
- A PhD/Master’s/Bachelor’s degree or expertise in one or more specialized subject areas in physical sciences and engineering, healthcare, life sciences, medicine and surgery.
- A PhD/Master's degree in economics and statistics/business and finance/ psychology and psychosocial health care[detailed subject-area list below]
- A PhD degree in the social sciences [detailed subject-area list below]
- Excellent English editing skill and attention to detail (prior editing experience would be great)
Detailed subject-area list
Physical sciences: Engineering (all disciplines), Robotics, Automobile Engineering, Controls and Systems, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Wireless Communication, Environmental Science, Energy, Indoor Air Quality, Nuclear Physics, Analytical Chemistry, Physical/ Computational Chemistry, General Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Nanochemistry, Materials Science, Metallurgy, Alloys, Nanomaterials, Ceramics/Glass, Materials Engineering, Engineering Geology, Ceramics, Glass, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Optics, Mineralogy, Remote Sensing, Climate Science, Stratigraphy, Sedimentology, Paleontology, Geodesy, Earth Sciences
Healthcare: Cardiology, Orthopedics, Sports Medicine, Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Obstetrics, Gynecology, Physical Medicine, Rehabilitation, Chemotherapy, Plastic Surgery, Epidemiology, Infectious Diseases, Public Health, Diabetes Research, Radiotherapy Planning
Life sciences: Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Evolutionary Biology, Developmental Biology, Microbiology, Immunology, Biomaterials, Biophysics, Biostatistics, Systems Biology, Physiology, Nanobiotechnology, Genetics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Toxicology, Drug Design & Development, Plant & Animal Genetics, Plant and Animal Biotechnology, Ecology, Taxonomy, Botany, Zoology, Neurosurgery, Computational Neuroscience
Medicine: Anatomy, Endocrinology, Dentistry, Radiology, Surgery, Medicine, Ophthalmology
Social sciences: Economics and Statistics (TEX editors), Psychology, Biopsychology, Healthcare, Education, Linguistics, Literature, Archeology, Environmental Studies, Organizational Behavior, Business, and Finance