Customer Service Associate (For Japanese nationals)
Who we are
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com) is a provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English-language workshops, transcription, and translation. CACTUS offers these services to two key client segments worldwide: Academia (researchers, scholarly journals and publishers, universities, and academic societies and Pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies. We have our offices in the US, UK, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore and China. Our full-time in-house staff consists of over 700 people and represents a diverse group of people from India, China, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, the US, UK, Germany, and Brazil. We also work with over 2500 contractors from around the world.
CACTUS recently ranked #1 among mid-sized companies to work for in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey.
We’ve been also ranked #18 in 25 Best Small & Medium Workplaces in Asia – 2018, a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute
We are proud to finish in the 2018 Top 100 Companies for Remote Jobs by FlexJobs! This is the third year for CACTUS to finish in the top 20.
Editage’s 50+ member Customer Service comprises of passionate customer advocates from 7+ different nationalities and cultures. We work across offices and time zones and use a combination of deep local knowledge, customer preferences, service understanding and passion to delight customers on every interaction.
- You will be the one-point contact for all customers - responding to customer queries, sending quotations, job confirmations and sending completed jobs accurately and efficiently
- Ensuring 90-100% conversion of enquiries
- Attending phone calls from customers
- Communicating effectively and quickly with Japanese customers over email and over the telephone
- Develop strategy and content for promotional offers periodically
- Translate customer submission forms, emails to English and pass on correct information to the editing team
- Coordinating with the delivery and marketing teams within the organization on a daily basis
- Negotiating with the managers of the editing team in order to provide the best possible service experience to clients
- Tracking and analyzing data, identifying trends and provide inputs for the marketing team
- Ensuring customer relationship management through regular CRM activities and seeking feedback from clients.
Desired skills & traits
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject
- Native level written and spoken Japanese language skills
- Excellent English speaking, writing and comprehension skills
- Very strong customer focus and a customer first approach
- Ability to multi-task and manage stress
- Positive, passionate, open and keen to learn
Preferred skills & traits
- 1- 2 years’ previous experience in a customer service or related role
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary: a competitive salary which allows you to live comfortably in Mumbai.
- Flight tickets: CACTUS will sponsor flight tickets from your home country to Mumbai and back. We will also pick you up from the airport when you arrive.
- Accommodation: CACTUS subsidizes company accommodation close to the office location. This is usually a 2- bedroom/hall/kitchen apartment. Apartment deposit and brokerage will be paid by CACTUS. You will share this apartment with another Cactizen of the same gender. The apartment will be furnished with sofa, bed, and wardrobe. Amenities like a refrigerator, washing machine, water filter, geyser, microwave oven, gas stove, and utensils will be provided. CACTUS will bear the cost of maintaining these amenities.
- Visa fees: CACTUS will reimburse your visa application fees upon arrival. We will also provide complete support for Visa and FRRO [Foreign Regional Registration Office]-related work when in India.
- Insurance: You are eligible for accident insurance worth Rs. 500,000 and Mediclaim [Health Insurance] worth Rs. 200,000.
- Health check-up: CACTUS provides a free annual health check-up (provided you are present in office on those days).
- Commute to work: During your first few days in India, an Office Assistant from the Helpdesk team will pick you up and drop you back to your apartment and until you are comfortable handling Indian traffic!
- Breakfast: A delicious daily Indian breakfast is available free of cost at office.
- Global Exposure: work in a global organization and interact with colleagues from different nationalities.
- Culture: work in a young organization with employee friendly culture and polices. We balance work and fun at CACTUS. Cactizens are driven, smart and friendly.