Associate Product Manager
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com ) is a leading provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English language workshops, transcription, and translation. Our company mission is to enable growth through effective communication.
Editage Insights (www.editage.com/insights) is a large global learning and discussion platform for researchers, receiving over 250,000 users every month. As Associate Product Manager, Editage Insights, you will be work closely with the Engineering team to develop new features on the Editage Insights website.
The Associate Product Manager, Editage Insights will be responsible for creating product roadmaps and scopes along with the Product Manager, effective sprint planning based on Agile principles, data analysis and reporting, and continuous optimization of the Editage Insights website.
- Support/own the product discovery process and get effective business sign off to build a strong backlog.
- Drive the product roadmap based on business goals and large idea bank.
- Create and own goals, milestones and success metrics of the overall product and features/releases.
- Develop features that are in line with the vision and goals.
- Drive product discovery, definition, sprint planning, prioritization and execution in line with the product roadmap.
- Be responsible for on-time, on-task launches across local language versions of the product.
- Mine through websites, traffic analyses and other data to drive feature prioritization.
- Measure the impact of new features, constantly iterate on product offerings based on customer feedback and data, and closely interact with product users (both internal and external).
- Have deep understanding of user experience. Drive and have a passion for user engagement, conduct research required for improvements, define delighting factors that will make the product unique.
- Writing scope documents, after discussion with all business users and technical architect
- Sprint planning and tracking
- Data recording, analysis, and reporting
- Coordinating prerequisite delivery with various stakeholders
- 1-3 years work experience in a Product or/and Project Management role at a core technology or technology services company
- Passionate about technology & web products
- A good understanding of user-centric design principles
- First-hand experience with agile development methodologies
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Great analytical skills with ability to track and improve product progress using data
- Experience working with tools like Google Analytics, Balsamiq and JIRA
- Knowledge of tools like –Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, A/B testing tools etc
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, coupled with very strong execution skills
- An attitude to get things done and willingness to work in a high-pace environment is mandatory
- Strong team player with an energetic, well-rounded and pleasant personality
- Ability to work across functions & levels, be comfortable with interacting with senior leadership
- Excellent communication skills with command on overall thought
- Process to translate product value to measurable business metrics and demonstrating the same to key stake holders.