The client is one of Japan’s leading bilingual university presses.
The client wanted to launch a journal that would create public space for the exchange of views and knowledge about intimate and public spheres in a globalized world. Apart from getting their pilot issue designed and typeset, they wanted to set up an end-to-end, efficient, reproducible process for the production of the journal that would enable smooth production of future issues.
The CACTUS team
- Conducted client discussions to understand requirements
- Prepared a step-by-step production workflow that covered all aspects of the process—from editing to delivering print-ready PDF files
- Assigned a project manager who handled the entire production process, rectified the workflow based on learning, and ensured that all departments functioned as per client requirements
- Delivered print-ready PDF files that met the client’s requirements
- Passed on the learning to the client (e.g., digitizing the journal may get better readership)
- A replicable cost- and time-efficient production process
- Minimum effort spent in coordination, as all tasks were handled by a dedicated project manager
- Superior publication quality
Consolidation of learning during the production process, which will enable smoother production of subsequent issues