Translator & editor (For Korean nationals willing to work in Mumbai, India)
Editage Insights (www.editage.com/insights) is a large global education platform for researchers, available in multiple languages. Editage Insights has over 3000 pieces of original content and reaches over 350,000 researchers per month globally. We’re looking for a Translator & editor to manage the Korean language version of Editage Insights (https://www.editage.co.kr/insights/)
The objective of Editage Insights is to equip researchers with all the training and education support they need to get their research published in international journals and make their research known to the world. As a Translator & editor for Editage Insights Korea, you’ll have to liaise with the global content team and manage the Korean language version of Editage Insights, including translating and writing content, coordinating with freelance translators, scheduling and prepping content for publishing, creating newsletters for reader engagement etc.
Duties & responsibilities
- Translating content from the English version of Editage Insights and reviewing translated content
- Scheduling and prepping content for publishing
- Coordinating with the global content team and Korean translators
- Prepping content for publication in the content management system
- Writing content in Korean under direction from the global content team when required
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the scholarly publishing industry
- Ensuring a steady stream of content publication on the Korean language version of Editage Insights
Desired candidate profile
- Bachelor’s degree
- Passion for content, impeccable written Korean skills, and attention to detail
- Above average English communication skills
- Good translation skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize tasks
- Adequate comfort with technology and willingness to learn to use new tools
- Receptiveness to feedback and willingness to change course if needed
- Keen interest in reading and continuous learning
Preferred candidate profile
- Master's degree in any science field with basic familiarity with research
- Fair understanding of the research writing and academic publishing process
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary: a competitive salary which allows you to live comfortably in Mumbai.
- Accommodation: CACTUS subsidizes company accommodation close to the office location. This is usually a 2- bedroom/hall/kitchen apartment. Apartment deposit and brokerage will be paid by CACTUS. You will share this apartment with another Cactizen of the same gender. The apartment will be furnished with sofa, bed, and wardrobe. Amenities like a refrigerator, washing machine, water filter, geyser, microwave oven, gas stove, and utensils will be provided. CACTUS will bear the cost of maintaining these amenities.
- Flight tickets: CACTUS will sponsor flight tickets from your home country to Mumbai and back. We will also pick you up from the airport when you arrive.
- Insurance: You are eligible for accident insurance worth Rs. 500,000 and Mediclaim [Health Insurance] worth Rs. 200,000.
- Visa fees: CACTUS will reimburse your visa application fees upon arrival. We will also provide complete support for Visa and FRRO [Foreign Regional Registration Office]-related work when in India.
- Commute to work: During your first few days in India, an Office Assistant from the Helpdesk team will pick you up and drop you back to your apartment until you are comfortable handling Indian traffic!
- Free Health check-up: CACTUS provides a free annual health check-up (provided you are present in office on those days).
- Breakfast: A delicious daily Indian breakfast is available free of cost at office.
- Global Exposure: work in a global organization and interact with colleagues from different nationalities.
- Culture: work in a young organization with employee friendly culture and policies. We balance work and fun at CACTUS. Cactizens are driven, smart and friendly.