Sub-editor, Physical Sciences & Engineering (Bengaluru)
Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, offering English editing and other services to researchers and organizations worldwide. Our editing team provides language and other publication support services to authors across the globe. Our clients are predominantly researchers whose first language is not English.
CACTUS is proud to be ranked 1st among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces – 2017 in a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute India in association with MINT, by HT Media.
We are looking for Sub-editors in the field of Physical Sciences & Engineering.
Role and Responsibilities:
As a Sub-editor, you will be required to edit and format manuscripts to ensure that they meet the standards of international publications.
You will report to a Team Manager.
1. Global exposure: At CACTUS, you will be exposed to research carried out worldwide and will get an insider’s view of the burgeoning, multi-million-dollar publishing industry. You will also have unlimited access to exclusive interviews with industry experts, articles on the latest industry trends, and publication and writing tips on our learning and discussion platform.
2. Culture & Team: Our core values are Trust, Excellence, Integrity, Communication, Innovation, and Fun. By internalizing these and maintaining a culture of high performance, our dedicated team works together to achieve exceptional customer satisfaction.
3. Learn & Grow: You will be trained to become adept at editing academic manuscripts. Our goal is to help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally.
4. Satisfaction & Recognition: As part of our editing team, you will directly work with authors. We facilitate the dissemination of research by helping authors overcome some of the many challenges in the publication process. We ensure that good performance is recognized and rewarded in a timely manner and offer competitive salaries on par with industry standards.
- A degree (bachelor’s, master’s, Ph.D., etc.) in Physical Sciences or Engineering
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written English skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Job location: Bengaluru
- Application process
Click on https://bit.ly/2BmVfJp to share your details on the form and complete a short screening test. You will hear from us in a couple of days after you take the test. If you meet the benchmark on the test, you will be invited for another round of tests and interviews.
If you face any difficulties while attempting the test, email us at email@example.com.