Senior Network Engineer
The Senior Network Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video, and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks
(LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the Sr. Network Engineer will participate in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training.
Role and Responsibilities-
- Configuring and installing various network devices and services (e.g., Cisco routers, Cisco switches, Fortigate firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval, and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s ISMS security team, and enforce system standards
- Work with users, infrastructure vendors (like ISPs or telecommunication companies) and software or hardware vendors to bring networks up and to keep them running.
- Liaise with vendors and IT personnel for problem resolution
- Collaborate with IT/business teams to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery
- Monitor network performance and ensure system availability and reliability; troubleshooting network problems and outages; optimizing network.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Create and maintain documentation related to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Report network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information
- Monitor network usage& security, system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Upgrade communications infrastructure or install a new system; manage network projects
- Design, implement, and maintain VOIP phone system to include phone servers and phones
- Design, implement, and maintain Audio/Video systems