Senior Medical Writer
Who we are: The medical communications team at CACTUS works with the Top 10 global pharmaceutical, biotech and device companies across a wide range of communications needs including writing, graphics, animation, and strategy for their regulatory and publications teams.
The Medical Writing team at CACTUS specializes in providing rigorous medical and scientific writing services for pharmaceutical corporations, clinical research organizations, and researchers worldwide.
The opportunity: If you are looking for challenging and rewarding work which combines your understanding of medical science and aptitude for writing into one unique job, the Senior Medical Writer role is for you. This is an opportunity to grow your career and make a greater impact on the lives around you.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely production of high-quality documents (manuscripts, abstracts, short communications, and review articles) for publication in journals or presentation in meetings and of other written communication material supporting pharmaceutical brands, research activities, and business needs
- Prepare documents that are publication ready
- Review work done by team members and provide appropriate feedback
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including authors & KOLs
- Act as document specialist and provide intellectual input across document types
- Provide quality-related coaching or mentoring to team members, as appropriate •
- Develop, maintain, and use necessary templates, formats, and styles to ensure that documents generated meet industry, internal, and client requirements Note: Work-from-home option available subject to candidate’s performance in the selection process.
Whats in it for you?
- Global exposure: We work with the top 10 Pharmaceutical companies across the globe. So you can be assured that you get the best experience in terms of the profile you handle.
- Culture & Team: We never stop recruiting the best people in the market because without an amazing team nothing is possible. People at CACTUS are awesome to work with, driven, smart and know how to get things done like nobody else.
- Learn & Grow: Our goal is to keep you as long possible and help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally.
- Satisfaction & Recognition: With some of the biggest names across the globe as existing clients, doors will open and conversations will flow. You will see the results of your efforts translate into maximum impact. With a competitive salary and our recognition programmes, you will be rewarded for your success.
So how do we know that's you? You have the personality and the experience:
- PhD/MD (Pharmacology) or MBBS/MD (Internal medicine) with knowledge of clinical research
- At least 3-5 years of medical writing experience, preferably within a pharmaceutical writing environment
- Superior English language skills
- Advanced knowledge of clinical research processes and drug development, as well as CONSORT, ICMJE and other such industry guidelines
- Proven skills in writing and editing documents for publications, including interpretation and summarization of complex clinical data across multiple studies and phases
- Knowledge of methods and techniques for analysis and presentation of statistical results
- Excellent literature reviewing capabilities
- Excellent data interpretation and presentation skills
- Clear, concise scientific style of writing with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight timelines
- ELS certification or willingness to prepare for and pass the BELS exam
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) Awards:
- CACTUS is proud to finish among the top 20 companies offering remote jobs for two consecutive years!
- CACTUS is among the top 20 great places to work for three consecutive years.