Manager, Pre Sales
This is an exciting new role at Editage, a top science communication agency working with universities, publishers, and researchers globally. Research Communication is a fast-growing portfolio of solutions that helps establish wider impact of scientific research through non-traditional content formats.
You will help serve evolving science communication needs of scholarly publishers, academic societies, research institutions, science outreach organizations, and researchers, by working with a team of writers, editors, graphic designers, and animators to tell science stories across content formats and styles.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Respond to incoming RFP/RFI response requests and custom proposal requests
- Create engaging material to support business development efforts, including but not limited to PowerPoint presentations and Word documents
- Work with a written and/or verbal brief to flesh out proposals while ensuring compliance and completeness of information
- Distill and communicate information (including data) to create a powerful pitch against perceived customer needs
- Collaborate with sales, account management, delivery, and other teams to develop persuasive pitch decks, capabilities presentations, etc.
- Create and maintain a database of potential customers (through an online platform, Salesforce)
- Maintain a knowledge bank of resources (through SharePoint)
- Support different functions in activities like MIS, process flow creation, social media posting, reports creation, project planning, etc
You fit the bill if you have –
- A Bachelors/Masters degree in Communications, Business, Marketing, English, Journalism, or Technical Writing
- Excellent PowerPoint skills, with experience in creating client presentations
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Teams, Planner)
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given
- Strong professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the company and in different geographies
- Open to learning new things and implementing new ideas
- (Preferred) Experience in sales, marketing and/or pre-sales