Head, Business Intelligence
Who we are:
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com ) is a leading provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English language workshops, transcription, and translation. Our company mission is to enable growth through effective communication.
Editage (www.editage.com), a division of Cactus Communications is a consumer-technology business that helps researchers, scientists and doctors overcome barriers of the English language in getting their cutting-edge research published globally. Having worked with over 250,000 scientists globally, supporting almost a million papers, Editage is now working with societies, publishers and universities to help bring the world’s best and most important research to public around the world, thinking beyond the traditional article that has served research publishing for over 2 centuries.
CACTUS was placed 1st among mid-sized Indian companies in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey: http://bit.ly/2uiJmUv
We were recently ranked #18 in the top 25 Best Small & Medium Workplaces in Asia – 2018, a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute
CACTUS was also ranked 1st as Best Organization for Women Empowerment / Women Talent Development in 2019
CACTUS is seeking a Head of Business Intelligence to lead data and analytics function that helps drive the business by partnering with business heads and on ground, teams solve business challenges by employing scientific techniques for data analysis, data gathering, warehousing, and predictive analysis.
- Work closely with functional and operational teams across the business to understand their data needs and develop solutions that allow them to make data-informed decisions
- Ability to drive business insights by designing visualizations with logical and meaningful data flow
- Develop forecasting models for key business services and answers to key questions
- Work with engineering and business teams to transform unstructured data into stories that can be easily digested by business for a better understanding of the data and/or come up with targeted next steps
- Lead and manage a team of tableau developers and data analysts
- Work with data visualization tools (IBM Watson, Tableau etc.) to create real-time visuals that give proactive steps to support the business
- Set goals and drive the overall roadmap for the BI team
- Understand the business and industry and expand the reach of warehousing by identifying and integrating internal and external sources of information
- Identify patterns within the business and the industry and help guide the business direction
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience playing the role of data-driven Business Intelligence head/Business Analyst
- Excellent command over excel/pivots/solver
- Minimum 5 years working closely with Marketing, Sales and Finance teams
- Proven experience of working with unstructured data and creating relationship and structure around it to solve strategic, tactical, structured, and unstructured business problems
- Deep experience in predictive analytics and statistical modeling
- Experience in successfully making use of three or more of the following: Logistic Regression Multivariate Regression, Support Vector Machines, Stochastic Processes, Decision Trees, Lifetime analysis, common clustering algorithms, Optimization
- Experience with one or more visualization tools like Tableau, Qlickview, Cognos, PowerBi etc.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience with or in the academia/scientific publishing industry
- Experience with neo4j, graphQL OR similar graph databases
- Experience with Natural Language Processing and Stanford’s NLTK
This position reports to the CEO.