Associate Editor, Biotechnology or Biochemistry (Office or Telecommute)
Role and Responsibilities:
Our editing team provides language and other publication support services to authors across the globe. Our clients are predominantly researchers whose first language is not English.
We are looking for Associate Editors in the fields of Medicine and Life Sciences.
You will report to the Team Manager.
As an Associate Editor, you will be required to perform quality assurance checks on edited manuscripts to ensure that they meet the standards of international publications. While your role will primarily involve reviewing the work of our editors and providing them with timely feedback, you may also be required to edit some manuscripts.
1. Global exposure: At CACTUS, you will be exposed to research carried out worldwide and will get an insider’s view of the burgeoning, multi-million-dollar publishing industry. You will also have unlimited access to exclusive interviews with industry experts, articles on the latest industry trends, and publication and writing tips on our learning and discussion platform.
2. Culture & Team: Our core values are Trust, Excellence, Integrity, Communication, Innovation, and Fun. By internalizing these and maintaining a culture of high performance, our dedicated team works together to achieve exceptional customer satisfaction.
3. Learn & Grow: You will be trained to become adept at editing and reviewing academic manuscripts. Our goal is to help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally.
4. Satisfaction & Recognition: As part of our editing team, you will directly work with authors. We facilitate the dissemination of research by helping authors overcome some of the many challenges in the publication process. We ensure that good performance is recognized and rewarded in a timely manner and offer competitive salaries on par with industry standards.
- A degree (bachelor’s, master’s, PhD, etc.) in Medicine or Life Sciences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written English skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Note that this is employment for a full-time position (office or telecommute) in India. We don’t believe in signing bonds. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
CACTUS is proud to be ranked 1st among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces – 2017 in a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute India in association with MINT, by HT Media.
We’re also ranked 18th among the Small & Medium Workplaces in Asia – 2018 in a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute.
Job location: Andheri(East), Mumbai
- Application process
Click on http://bit.ly/2ADNK3X to share your details on the form and complete a short screening test. You will hear from us in a couple of days after you take the test. If you meet the benchmark on the test, you will be invited for another round of tests and interviews.
If you face any difficulties while attempting the test, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.