Assistant Managing Editor, Psychology
Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, offering English editing and other services to researchers and organizations worldwide. Our team of freelance and in-house editors edits and reviews cutting-edge research manuscripts such that they meet international standards of academic and scientific English.
As the Assistant Managing Editor of the Psychology team, you will:
- Perform deadline-driven quality assurance checks on manuscripts edited by freelancers
- Provide end-to-end support to authors during the manuscript publication cycle
- Stay updated on industry trends, with a view to share this expertise with authors and improving their chances of publication
- Assist the Managing Editor in overseeing operations for delivery of publication-ready manuscripts by coordinating high-quality editing and reviewing (quality assessments) of edited manuscripts
- Regularly coordinate with and co-manage an experienced community of freelance editors
- Mentor new editors to enable them to work independently
- A Bachelor's/Master's/ PhD degree in Psychology
- Experience in academic publishing
- Ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience with managing projects as well as team management
- Familiarity with creating and formatting manuscripts in MS Word
Job location: Andheri (West), Mumbai, India
- Application process
To apply, you will need to click on this link and submit your details on the form, and complete a short screening test. You will hear from us in a couple of days. If you meet the benchmark on the test, you will be invited for another round of tests, followed by the interview rounds.
If you face any difficulties while attempting the test, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.