Managing Editor, Pharmaceutical Sciences
Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, offering English editing and other services to researchers and organizations worldwide. Our team of freelance and in-house editors edits and reviews cutting-edge research manuscripts such that they meet international standards of academic and scientific English.
CACTUS is proud to be ranked 1st among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces – 2017 in a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute India in association with MINT, by HT Media.
As Managing Editor for the Center of Excellence (CoE) for Pharmaceutical Sciences, you will be required to, among other things,
- Manage the people on your team
- Engage with clients to provide high-value services and build strong relationships to improve customer retention and business for the CoE
- Manage delivery operations for the CoE
- Meet targets set by the organization for operational excellence for the CoE as a whole as well as individuals in your CoE
- Manage and meet the expectations of key clients for the CoE and team
- Analyze and respond to client feedback and ensure satisfactory resolution of complaints
- Review the work of editors on contract and freelance editors and mentor them to improve the final edit quality
- Have a good understanding of the core conventions in pharmaceutical sciences, and share this expertise with clients to improve their chances of being published authors
- Occasionally edit manuscripts as per author specifications and journal requirements to meet high standards of language and ensure correct use of terminology and subject-specific conventions
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with managing people and/or projects
- Ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment
- A degree in Medicine or a PhD or Master’s degree in the Life Sciences with a strong background in pharmaceutical sciences
- Familiarity with creating and formatting manuscripts in MS Word, PDF, and LaTeX
Job location: Andheri (West), Mumbai, India
- Application process
To apply, you will need to click on this link and submit your details on the form, and complete a short screening test. You will hear from us in a couple of days. If you meet the benchmark on the test, you will be invited for another round of tests, followed by the interview rounds.
If you face any difficulties while attempting the test, email us at email@example.com.