Assistant Managing Editor, Medicine (Allied Healthcare)
Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, offering English editing and other services to researchers and organizations worldwide. Our team of freelance and in-house editors edits and reviews cutting-edge research manuscripts such that they meet international standards of academic and scientific English.
As the Assistant Managing Editor of the Allied Health Care team, you will
- Assist the Managing Editor or Senior Managing Editor in overseeing operations in your Center of Excellence to deliver publication-ready manuscripts, by coordinating high-quality editing and reviewing (quality assessments) of edited manuscripts
- Ensure that all author requirements and delivery deadlines are met
- Regularly coordinate with and manage a community of experienced freelance editors
- Mentor new editors to enable them to work independently
- Provide end-to-end support to authors during the manuscript publication cycle
- Stay updated on the latest trends in the fields of Allied Health Care and develop a knowledge base, with a view to share this expertise with the authors you work with and improving their chances of acceptance
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with managing people and/or projects
- Ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment
- A degree in Medicine or a PhD or Master’s degree in the Life Sciences, with a strong understanding of terminology and written conventions in subjects such as Infectious Diseases, Diabetes Research, Hematology, Public Health, Epidemiology, Nursing Medicine, and Nutrition
- Familiarity with creating and formatting manuscripts in MS Word, PDF, and LaTeX
Job location: Andheri West, Mumbai
- Application process
To apply, you will need to click on this link and submit your details on the form, and complete a short screening test. You will hear from us in a couple of days. If you meet the benchmark on the test, you will be invited for another round of tests, followed by the interview rounds.
If you face any difficulties while attempting the test, email us at email@example.com.