Want to work with India’s no.1 mid-sized company? Let’s talk!
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com ) is a leading provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English language workshops, transcription, and translation. Our company mission is to enable growth through effective communication.
Editage (www.editage.com), a division of Cactus Communications is a consumer-technology business that helps researchers, scientists and doctors overcome barriers of the English language in getting their cutting-edge research published globally. Having worked with over 250,000 scientists globally, supporting almost a million papers, Editage is now working with societies, publishers and universities to help bring the world’s best and most important research to public around the world, thinking beyond the traditional article that has served research publishing for over 2 centuries.
We are looking for an AI engineer with primary focus on NLP (Natural Language Processing) and related technologies to join our Research and Development (R&D) cell. The R&D cell is a part of the Technology team at CACTUS. As one of the founding members of the R&D cell you will work directly with the Sr. V.P of Technology on several cutting-edge projects and experiments spanning Language automation, editing intelligence, Concept and content extraction, Business Intelligence and other emerging technology streams. We are looking for an enterprising technical genius with good theoretical understanding of the technology who can work fast and independently on unstructured business and data experiments.
You fit the bill, if you:
- Are extremely driven
- Are in love with machine learning, text mining and NLP
- Can work at super-sonic speeds independently
- Consider yourself a top-notch techie and a hacker
- Have implemented solution(s) in any programming language
Required skills & experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience as solution expert
- Expertise in Python, R OR Java programming
- Hands on experience with one or more of the following tensorflow, Café, Keras
- Hands on experience with one or more of the following: deep learning, CNN, RNN, capsule networks, LSTM
- Full understanding of how Git works
- Experience with Linux and deploying server and services
Preferred skills & experience
- MS or PhD in NLP / AI / ML / Text
- Experience/projects in the academia/publishing industry
- Experience with Natural Language Processing and Stanford’s NLTK OR coreNLP
- You will play an active role in setting up and being an active contributor of the execution team of the vision for NLP based technology products
- You will assist and mentor python developers, project managers and other members of the team on NLP /ML and AI concepts
- You will create machine models and POCs using local machine, AWS, Sagemaker or any other tool of your choice
- You will work with / lead team of python and java developers to deliver against your goals
- You will lead one or more projects in pipeline (to be discussed during interview stage) that are directly contributing to the automation vision
- You will work with the team and Senior management to come up with broad plan and help with execution on recruitment, acquisition, integration of third party products etc
We are a 100+ agile and driven technology team. Our products have a global reach with users in 170+ countries. We are hosted completely on Amazon cloud and employ various technologies like (but not limited to) angularJS, Laravel, PHP, Solr, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Nodejs, Mongodb, Python, Ansible, Graylog, Drupal and more.
Unlike most techies, we are extremely social and believe that happiness levels are directly linked to performance. We are generous with our lunchboxes, quirks, smiles, and pranks – all of which help us maintain a vibrant work environment. What’s more - with the best work hour’s ethic in the industry and a company policy that takes fun very seriously, we make sure that we work hard and party harder!