Senior Medical Writer
The Medical Writing team at CACTUS offers medical writing services to multinational pharma, clinical research organizations, and researchers worldwide. We work with clinicians and researchers to help them communicate their science to the world. We are currently looking to add to our team of medical writers, experienced researchers, preferably post docs looking to work in non-lab setting, aspire to be part of a world-class delivery team, and work in an exciting, fast-paced global environment.
What is a typical day at work like?
- Ensure timely production of high quality documents (manuscripts, abstracts, short communications, review articles) for publications in journals or for presentation in meetings and other written communication material supporting pharmaceutical brands, research activities, and business needs
- Prepare documents that are publication ready
- Review work done by team members and provide appropriate feedback
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including authors & KOLs
- Act as document specialist and provide intellectual input across document types
- Provide quality-related coaching or mentoring to team members, as appropriate
- Develop and maintain necessary templates, formats and styles to ensure that documents generated meet industry, internal, and client requirements
- You will work in a challenging, dynamic, and fun learning environment
- Ensure timely production of high quality documents (manuscripts, abstracts, short communications, review articles) for publications in journals or for presentation in meetings and other written communication material supporting pharmaceutical brands, research activities, and business needs.
- Work with senior medical writers to prepare documents that are publication ready
- Use appropriate templates, formats, and styles to ensure that documents generated meet industry, internal, and client requirements
Here’s what we look out for in a Senior Medical Writer
Qualifications: PhD/MD (Pharmacology) OR MBBS/MD (Internal medicine) with knowledge of clinical research
- At least 3-5 years of medical writing experience, preferably within a pharmaceutical writing environment
- Superior English language skills
- Advanced knowledge of clinical research processes and drug development, as well as CONSORT, ICMJE and other such industry guidelines
- Proven skills in writing and editing documents for publications, including interpretation and summarization of complex clinical data across multiple studies and phases
- Knowledge of methods and techniques for analysis and presentation of statistical results
- Excellent literature reviewing capabilities
- Excellent data interpretation and presentation skills
- Clear, concise scientific style of writing with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight timelines
- ELS certification or willingness to prepare for and pass the BELS exam
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Selection Process: You will be expected to take a couple of tests followed by two or more rounds of interview.
Compensation: An excellent compensation package will be offered to deserving candidates.
Training: Individuals who have no prior medical writing experience but looking to enter the field of medical writing are welcome to apply. CACTUS will provide the necessary training to candidates who clear our screening tests.
Relocation support will be provided
Career progression: CACTUS has a well-defined career progression system with clear increases in responsibility and compensation based on an individual’s talents, skills, and knowledge.
Apply : E–mail your updated CV along with a cover letter to or call Komal Sharma on +912267148888