Senior Executive- Taxation
Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, offering English editing and other services to researchers and organizations worldwide.
We are looking at a Taxation Specialist to manage taxation for Cactus Communications. The role involves 60% of direct taxation, 20% of indirect taxation and 20% of other aspects of taxation including transfer pricing etc.
a) To independently handle all statutory compliances under direct tax, indirect tax, STPI, FEMA and other labour laws for the Cactus group to ensure that the Group is in compliant with various laws b) To work in conjunction with the taxation team in implementation of key projects and effective tax planning.
Direct & International Taxation
1. Responsible for handling direct tax compliances such as withholding tax, advance tax, corporate tax returns, expatriate taxation etc.
2. Working closely with the tax Consultant and internal team to close tax audits and taxation aspects related to statutory audit
3. Assisting in Transfer Pricing (TP) study, TP audit and ensuring that inter-company transactions are in line with TP regulations
4. Working closely with Tax Consultants on tax scrutiny assessment, withholding tax audit, TP assessment, appeals etc.
5. Provide assistance to function head on managing key taxation queries, critical tax issues, implementation of key projects wherever needed
6. Providing support to accounting team on taxation matters
7. Assistance in managing taxation compliance for overseas subsidiaries such as coordination with tax Consultant of respective countries and undertaking monthly tax payments, filing tax returns, handling taxation audit, applying for lower withholding tax , obtaining registrations wherever needed etc.
8. Research on aspects /issues arising on domestic taxation, international taxation, application of tax treaties etc.
9. Assistance in maintaining global tax and compliance calendar to ensure better planning and timely completion of all tax compliances
10. Should have keen interest in learning and applying expertise with respect to international laws and regulations to provide advice on international transactions and transactions related to the group entities
Indirect taxation, Labour & Other laws
11. Responsible for handling service tax compliances such as monthly payments, filing quarterly refund claims, filing bi-annual service tax returns, renewal of licenses etc.
12. Responsible for all FEMA & RBI compliances such as coordination with Authorized dealer and filing requisite forms for new investments, filing APR, compliances related to transfer of shares, filing annual return etc.
13. Responsible for all STPI compliances such as monthly/quarterly/annual returns, extension and renewal of license etc.
14. Responsible for handling various compliances under Provident Fund, Profession Tax, Employer State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) and other labour laws applicable to the Company including handling of audits.
Desired Candidate Profile
1. Inter CA (Not pursuing CA) or Qualified CA
2. 3 years experience in taxation either with an industry or with tax consulting firm.
3. Sound technical knowledge and understanding of direct tax and service tax
4. Candidate having knowledge of TP and International taxation would be preferred
5. Excellent spoken English and good email writing skills
6. Basic knowledge of MS word, excel, power point
If you are interested, mail across your resume to email@example.com