QA Engineer (Insights)
About the Technology Team at CACTUS
We are a team of 40 extremely agile and driven Architects, Project Managers, Software Developers, QA, OPS, and UX experts. We are hosted completely on Amazon cloud and are proud of our ability to achieve 1-min deployments and to scale our hardware capacity up and down in minutes. The secret ingredient of our development recipe includes large portions of agile development with hints of extreme programming. Drupal, PHP, query, Solr, Elasticcache, nodejs, angularJS, mongodb, python, ansible, graylog, new relic, are a few of the many technologies/services we employ.
Unlike most techies, we are extremely social and believe that happiness levels are directly related to performance. We are very generous with our lunchboxes, quirky actions, smiles and pranks – all of which help us maintain a charged up work environment.
The Technology Team at CACTUS is looking for a QA Engineer
We are looking for a QA Engineer to join us at our Mumbai office. As a QA Engineer you will play a vital role in testing new roadmap features for a suite of market-leading knowledge portals aimed at the global research community. In addition to being technically skilled, attention to detail and having an aptitude to understand business requirements (who will benefit and how) is desired for this role. If you are a go-getter who takes ownership of things and can work without constant supervision this is the perfect role for you.
Responsibilities will include:
• Test and assess quality of existing and new website features and bug fixes
• Create and maintain manual test suite for our websites and applications
• Work collaboratively with developers, product managers and business users
• Be the final gatekeeper before live deployment, i.e. you will make the final recommendation to the Product Owner on whether a feature is fit to go live
• 3-5 years of relevant web testing experience ideally in the publication domain
• In-depth experience with cross browser and cross device testing
• In-depth knowledge of Manual Testing
• Good analytical skills and ability to develop comprehensive test scenarios based on specifications
• Experience with bug and test management tools like JIRA, Bugzilla, Quality Center, Testlink or TestRail
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Engineering or Computer Science degree
• Quick learner with an inquisitive mind-set looking to find out why, how, what etc.
• Ability to multi-task effectively and willingness to go the extra mile when required
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Previous experience with Drupal sites
• Previous experience with manual multi-lingual testing
• Knowledge of database testing in MySQL, Oracle or SQL Server
• Knowledge of automation testing
• Experience of working in an agile environment
Location: Andheri West, Mumbai
Apply: To apply, send in your CV to email@example.com or you can call on +912267148888 to know more about the position.