Freelance Specialist Editors
Cactus Communications employs a global team of highly skilled editors who are experts in various academic fields. We’re currently looking for specialist freelancer copyeditors and substantive editors.
Why this is a great opportunity for those searching for freelance editing jobs
- Flexibility to determine your schedule and work hours
- Potential to earn USD 1200 to 3000 per month (based on regular availability) editing jobs online
- Further monetary benefits of up to 20% and assurance of regular work for editors who consistently deliver high-quality work
- Learning opportunities and regular discussions on your freelance editing assignments
What you will do
- Edit manuscripts such that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
- Adhere to job-specific instructions and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
- Ensure that all subject-specific conventions are followed
What you need
- A PhD/Masters/Bachelors degree or expertise in one or more specialized subject areas in physical sciences and engineering, healthcare, life sciences, medicine and surgery, and social sciences [detailed subject-area list below]
- Excellent English editing skill and attention to detail (prior editing experience would be great)
Click here to apply now!
Detailed subject-area list
Physical sciences: Engineering (all disciplines), Robotics, Automobile Engineering, Controls and Systems, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Wireless Communication, Environmental Science, Energy, Indoor Air Quality, Nuclear Physics, Analytical Chemistry, Physical/ Computational Chemistry, General Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Nanochemistry, Materials Science, Metallurgy, Alloys, Nanomaterials, Ceramics/Glass, Materials Engineering, Engineering Geology, Ceramics, Glass, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Optics, Mineralogy, Remote Sensing, Climate Science, Stratigraphy, Sedimentology, Paleontology, Geodesy, Earth Sciences
Healthcare: Cardiology, Orthopedics, Sports Medicine, Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Obstetrics, Gynecology, Physical Medicine, Rehabilitation, Chemotherapy, Plastic Surgery, Epidemiology, Infectious Diseases, Public Health, Diabetes Research, Radiotherapy Planning
Life sciences: Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Evolutionary Biology, Developmental Biology, Microbiology, Immunology, Biomaterials, Biophysics, Biostatistics, Systems Biology, Physiology, Nanobiotechnology, Genetics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Toxicology, Drug Design & Development, Plant & Animal Genetics, Plant and Animal Biotechnology, Ecology, Taxonomy, Botany, Zoology, Neurosurgery, Computational Neuroscience
Medicine: Anatomy, Endocrinology, Dentistry, Radiology, Surgery, Medicine, Ophthalmology
Social sciences: Economics and Statistics (TEX editors), Psychology, Biopsychology, Healthcare, Education, Linguistics, Literature, Archeology, Environmental Studies, Organizational Behavior, Business, and Finance
Click here to apply now!